Google Search Not Working Today: We all might agree upon that over the years Google has become a synonym of the search engine. It is by far the most widely used and preferred search engine on the planet. Almost every one of us uses Google to search for general queries. The reason why Google is so popular is its magnificent functioning and easy-to-use features.
There is no doubt that Google is the finest search engine that we have today. But, at the same time, we must not forget the fact that is not absolutely flawless. In fact, there are a lot of problems related to Google that are faced by users every now and then. However, there is a piece of good news as well. You can get rid of most of the Google search issues by trying some basic troubleshooting. Keep reading this post in case Google search is not working on your PC, laptop, or Mobile Phones. Here, we will discuss solutions to such a problem in a detailed manner.
Common issues with Google Search
Those who don’t know should note that the search engine is an application that acts as a bridge between a user and the Internet. It takes queries from users and fetches the desired result from the Internet. So, you can understand how important a search engine like Google is. Unfortunately, a lot of us have to deal with various kinds of problems while searching the internet through Google. We are listing some of the most commonly reported problems as given below.
- Google not searching the internet
- Google is not recognizing my voice
- Random results are visible on the screen after searching Google
- Google not showing correct search result
- Google showing no result after searching
- Ok Google not working on the lock screen
- Unable to search anything on the Google
- Google search not working Windows 10
- Unable to type in Google Search box
- Unable to click on Google Search Result
- Not able to type in Google Search bar
- Can’ search an image on Google
- Ok Google not turning on
- OK Google not working when the phone is locked
- Google Voice search not working
- Not able to use Google Voice on iPhone 13/12/11 Pro/IOS 14
- Google Search not working on Android
Google is used by millions of users around the globe. Every user might have to deal with a completely unique problem. So, there are many other possible issues with Google search that might not be listed in the above list.
Why your Google Search won’t open or not working?
It is quite a difficult question because it is not possible to pick out a single reason why Google search is not working on your PC, laptop, Android, or iPhone. Nonetheless, there are a few common factors often responsible for various Google Search issues. We are listing some of these factors as given below.
- Problem with the internet connection: It is possible that the device on which you are looking to open Google is not connected to the internet. Please note that it is compulsory to have an internet connection in order to run Google on any device.
- Incompatible browser: The browser you are using must be compatible with the device. Those who are using an incompatible browser might have to deal with problems.
- Add-ons and Plugins: It is true that some add-ons and plugins in your browser can make your internet browsing a smooth experience. However, there are some add-ons and plugins that can also cause problems in opening Google as well.
- Accumulation of cache and cache: If you haven’t cleared the cache and cookies of your browser for a long time then this also might be the reason why Google search isn’t working for you.
- Antivirus or security application: Some antivirus and security software can also block your device from loading Google.
- Faulty Microphone: In case Google Voice search is not working on your Phone then it is possible that there is a problem with your phone’s microphone. Your application must be able to listen to your voice then only it can respond.
- Your voice is not set in the application: To be able to use the OK Google or Google voice search feature you have to set your voice in the application. In case you haven’t done so far then it obvious that you might be facing issues.
How to fix Google Search not working Today?
Let’s go through some basic troubleshooting steps that you can follow in order to fix the Google search engine that is not working properly.
- First of all, make sure that the device on which you are opening Google search is connected to the internet.
- Then, you should check and ensure that the browser on which you are using Google is compatible. It is recommended that you should opt for browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, etc. to get the finest result
- Try to search again after disabling your add-ons and plugins one by one. In this way, you will be able to trace the problematic add-on.
- Switch to another browser and try to search anything on Google and see if this resolves the problem.
- In case the problem continues then you should run the browser in the safe mode and see if this fix you are facing.
- You should also ensure that there is no Google service outage in your area. Remember, Google has a dedicated site to check the service outages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: The Google App is not opening on my Android device. What should I do?
Answer: You should try the following solutions to fix the same.
- Clear cache of the app and try to run it again.
- Clear app data if the problem continues.
- Make sure that is enough space on your phone to run the app smoothly.
- Uninstall the app and install it once again.
Question – 2: I am facing the problem of Google Search not recognizing my voice. What should I do?
Answer: In such a situation, you should make sure the microphone of your device is working fine. All ensure that your voice is set in the application.
Question – 3: Which one is the best browser to use Google?
Answer: Actually, Google is compatible with most browsers. You may choose any of the following browsers as per your choice Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.
Question – 4: Is it necessary to have an Internet connection in order to open any website on Google?
Answer: An internet connection is the most basic requirement to open a website on Google.