Gradually, the world is getting more and more digital. At the same time, the importance of your email account is also getting increased. Xfinity Comcast is a fabulous email service that doesn’t need any introduction. However, just like on any other email platform some inevitable issues are also present in Comcast as well. It is not rare to see users complaining about Comcast Email email sending and receiving Issues.
The proper functioning of an email depends upon a large number of factors such as slow internet, incompatible browser, etc. Apart from these, there are many more issues that can stop from sending or receiving Comcast emails.
Not being able to send to receive Comcast emails can cause a great level of inconvenience. You can miss out on some crucial information and opportunities. Luckily, it is very easy to fix such problems if you know the right method to do so. In this blog, we are sharing simple methods to troubleshoot Comcast emails are not sending or receiving emails isse.
What are the reasons behind Comcast Email not receiving or sending problems Today?
There are many factors that can stop Comcast from sending or receiving emails. Let’s discuss some of them in detail.
- Problem with the Internet Connection – It is not possible to send or receive Comcast emails without an Internet connection. If you aren’t able to send or receive then it is possible that you might not be connected to the Internet.
- Incorrect IMAP/ POP settings – To send or receive Comcast email through a third-party email client it is necessary for you to enter the correct IMAP/ POP settings. Those who are entering Incorrect settings might have to deal with issues.
- Email sending limit Exceed – You might have to deal with problems in sending emails in case you exceed the limit of daily outgoing emails.
- Issues with the browser – If there is some kind of error in the browser you are using then you are likely to face send and receiving issues with your Comcast email.
- Problem with the device – In case the hardware of your device isn’t working properly then you might not be able to send/ receive Comcast email at all.
- File Attachment Issues – If the size of the file you are trying to send is too big then you will face an issue. Similarly, if the format of the file is not supported then you will not be able to send the same.
- Add-ons and Plug-ins in the browser – Sometimes, add-ons and plug-ins installed on the web browser can be problematic as well. In case you are also using any of these plug-ins then you might have to deal with issues.
- An issue with the third-party application (email client) – Many of us like to use Comcast email with third-party applications like thunderbird, outlook, etc. It is possible that you are facing a problem due to a problematic third-party email client.
How to Fix Xfinity Comcast email not sending?
Let’s go through the steps that you need to follow in case you are unable to send a Comcast email.
- First of all, you need to make sure that you are connected to the Internet.
- Check and confirm that the browser you are using is compatible and supported by Comcast email. Thankfully, Comcast works decently with most of the browsers including chrome, firefox, internet browser, etc.
- Try to send the email once again after disabling your add-ons and plugins. You may track the problematic add-ons by disabling all plugins one by one.
- If the email or file attachment you are trying to send is too big then you should then you may divide the same into multiple emails or files.
- Check and confirm that the format of the file you are sending through Xfinity Comcast email
- Switch to another device and try to send the email once again.
- You should also confirm that you are not making any typing mistakes while entering the email address of your recipient.
- Contact your receivers and ask them to check if there is any problem at their end.
Troubleshoot Comcast not receiving email issues Today
The step-by-step process to fix Comcast not being able to receive email problem is given below.
- It is compulsory for you to have a solid internet connection in order to fetch emails from the service. So, check your internet connection and contact your ISP in case of an issue.
- We create filters in our accounts to keep spam emails at bay. However, sometimes filters can block important emails as well. So, ensure that there is no such filter in your account.
- Make sure you haven’t blocked the sender by mistake.
- Check and confirm that you have enough storage space in your account to store new emails.
- If you are using Comcast on any third email client then ensure that you are entering the correct IMAP/ POP settings. The correct IMAP/ POP settings for Comcast email are as follows.
- Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 with SSL ON
- Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP)
- Encryption: TLS (use SSL if TLS isn’t shown.)
- Authentication: Type in your Comcast.net email address
In case the problem continues then you should contact your senders and ask them to look for an issue at their end.