Have you recently encountered a situation where while using Gmail, you can no longer drag and drop emails to the labels? It is a bit frustrating to manually copy and paste the emails to the labels when previously the task of doing the same was the most convenient one. Now we won’t go much deeper into the history of Labels or that of Gmail as there are plenty of ways in which you can know about them. But in this post, we’ll share some useful insights on the “can’t drag and drop emails to labels” issue.
Reasons why emails can’t be dragged and dropped to the Labels
Here are some common reasons why you are facing the “can’t drag and drop the emails to labels” issue when trying to do the same-
- The might be a possibility that you have forgotten to turn on/off the “conversation view” in the labels. When the conversation view is turned off then only those labels will be displayed which you have labeled earlier. When the view is turned on then the label will only show one part of the conversation.
- The folder in which you might be trying to drag and drop your emails is hidden.
- The server might be down for maintenance.
How to fix “Drag and Drop not working while moving emails to labels” issue
Let’s find out the solution of the drag and drop issue with Gmail. You may try any of the options to work out the “can’t drag and drop email to label” issue-
Refresh your Gmail
Try to refresh your Gmail by pressing the F5 key on the keyboard.
Clear the cache and cookies from the browser
If refreshing doesn’t work then log out of the Gmail and clear your web browser’s cache and cookies. Make sure that you’re using the updated version of the browser. Now login into your Gmail account and try to drag the mails to the labels.
The process to delete the cache and cookies from your web browser is more or less same with slight variation. Here we are providing you the procedure to clear the cache and cookies in chrome particularly-
- Open “Chrome”
- At the top right corner, click on the three dots icon.
- A drop-down list will be displayed by clicking the icon.
- Select the “more tools” option and click on the “clear browsing data” option.
- Now select the time range (the data you want to be deleted) and put a check across all the options.
- Click on the “clear data” button.
If the problem still persists, then try the options mentioned below-
- Disable the browser extensions and start them again.
- Try to Login into Gmail from another device to see if the problems persist with the PC or the Gmail account.
- Check with your Internet Service Provider if the connection is working steadily or not.
- As the last resort, contact the customer support to fix the problem.