Google who is the creator of Gmail which is very well use for mailing activity. However apart from mailing activity user can do lots of things with the Gmail such as: chatting, video conferencing, it also provides some of the most suitable Apps like: Google Hangout, G-Talk etc. Despite all these features of Gmail we have to very careful about its security. Might be possible you will despoil by hackers, spammer from all over the web.
How to keep your Gmail account secure?
So I recommend all the users have to be conscious about their Gmail activity and follow the steps below to know how you protect yourself by using some Gmail security.
- To make your account secure you can perform 2 step verification processes. For this:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Go to 2-step verification process.
- Now choose get started and follow the step by step process.
- Make sure the Google recognize only https for security of your account. So always use https option on. To enable for your Gmail account, move to setting then click General and move to 5th .
- You can also check your Gmail Setting:
- Open your Gmail account
- Then click to Setting icon which is appeared top right side.
- Here you find the option of setting just click on it.
- Now click on the tab below to check your setting.
Some of the Tabs are:
- General tab- in this tab you can check your Gmail signature to assure that it looks correct or not. You can also check your vacation responder and ensure that it should be off if there is no need of it.
- Account & Import Tab- in this tab you find three options “Send mail as”, “Grant access to your account”, “check mail from other account using POP3”. Properly check all these three option to ensure the email address listed belongs to you, to see that no unknown people have access to your account.
- Filters and Blocked Address Tab- here you can check, is any mail automatically forwarded to an unknown account by using “Forward to” filter. Or you can check any filters which automatically delete the messages were set up by you.
- Forwarding and POP/IMAP Tab- here you can check the messages are not being forwarded to any unknown account. And kindly ensure that you’re POP and IMAP settings are correct.
If you following the above steps very carefully then surely your Gmail account would in safe hand. But in case of any problem, don’t forget to call technical experts.