MSN not working 2021: MSN by Microsoft is a collection of apps and internet services that allows the users to perform tasks such as watch news, check weather status, and watch and read articles related to sports and finance. By creating an account on MSN, users can enjoy a personalized experience and get news and articles related to their interest. MSN can be accessed easily from mobile (android and iOS) and Windows device. However, there are times when the users of MSN are seen complaining about problems with this application. Luckily, there are certain ways to fix the MSN not working problem whenever encountered, and in this article the basic troubleshooting methods for the same are provided.
Possible reasons for MSN not working
Some major reasons that do not allow MSN to work properly are mentioned below. Knowing the actual reason behind the problem provides a better way to fix them by implementing the troubleshooting measures correctly.
- There is some problem with your internet connection.
- Browser you are using to open MSN is not supported or is incompatible.
- Issues with your MSN account is not allowing it to work properly.
- Some faulty module is causing the MSN to crash on your device.
- Presence of virus in your device can create MSN not working issue.
- Third-party interference is also a major reason behind MSN not working.
- Issue with your device like missing operating system updates can create problem with MSN as well.
- Plug-ins that are required for loading MSN if disabled can cause not working issue.
- Server issue in your area can also be a reason behind MSN not working issue.
How to fix the MSN not working issue?
There are some easy ways discussed below that can help the users in fixing the MSN not working problem without requiring much technical expertise. Let us have a look at the different troubleshooting ways explained below.
Fix issues with your internet connection
Make sure that the problem is not with your internet connection causing MSN to not work properly. To check this, try reloading a web page in your browser. If the page does not load, it means there is some problem with your internet. To fix this, try the following:
- Disconnect your router and your device, restart them both and then reconnect them.
- Make sure that your device has an active data plan.
- Airplane mode should be turned off in your device.
Solve any browser related problems
In case of any problem with your web browser, try the following to fix them:
- It is recommended that you use Microsoft Edge browser to open MSN.
- Any browser you are using should be updated to its latest version and compatible with MSN.
- Clear cookies and caches from your browser to see if this fixes the MSN not working issue.
- Try disabling browser extensions or plug-ins temporarily as they can interfere with the working of MSN.
- You can try resetting your browser to its default settings to fix MSN not working issue.
Resolve issues with your MSN account
Check whether the status of your MSN account is active or not. If not, you can activate it by visiting the website http://status.live.com.
Find and fix the module that is creating issues with MSN
Follow the steps given below to find and fix the faulty module that is creating issues with MSN.
- Click on Start menu and type eventvwr in the search box.
- Hit enter to open the Event Viewer Window.
- In this Window, open the Windows Logs from the left pane and select Applications.
- Tap on Filter Current Log button at the right side and put a check on ERROR.
- Change <All event IDs> to 1000 and click on the ok button to open a list of events.
- Look for events (minimum 3) from this list that shows msn.exe as Faulting Application Name and close them.
Check out some other simple but effective solutions to fix the MSN not working issue:
- If using MSN via mobile app, make sure that you are using the latest version of the application. You can also try reinstalling MSN application in your device.
- Try restarting the application or your device to fix the MSN not working problem.
- In case you suspect presence of virus in your device, perform a system scan using a good antivirus program and if any threat is found, eliminate it immediately. Check if the MSN not working problem is fixed now.
- Problems with your device like interference with a third-party program can cause MSN to not work properly. Temporarily disable any third-party program installed in your system and see if this fixes the working problem of MSN.
- Patches are provided in the latest updates of any operating system that can fix many issues including MSN not working. Make sure that all the important operating system updates are installed in your system.
Microsoft server issue causing MSN not working problem
If there is Microsoft network outage in your area, you won’t be able to work with MSN. In this case, all you can do is wait for this problem to be fixed at the server end.
MSN password/ login not working
In case you are unable to login to your MSN account due to password issue, here’s how you can fix this:
- Go to MSN account recovery page at www.account.live.com/acsr.
- Enter the email address or phone number related to the MSN account and also provide an alternate email id for Microsoft to contact you, if required.
- Provide the captcha as shown on screen and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- An OTP will be sent on your registered phone number for verification.
- After successful verification, a link to reset MSN password will be sent on the alternate email id provided earlier.
- Open the link and follow the on-screen instructions to set a new password for your MSN account.
MSN Not working, MSN Not working on Google chrome 2021, Reasons behind MSN stopped working/opening, Fix problems with your MSN account, MSN Email Not Sending, Msn homepage not working with firefox or chrome, msn homepage won’t open in chrome, msn homepage problems 2021
Other Email Not Working and Email Password On iPhone with Solutions
- SBCGlobal Email not Working on Outlook
- Comcast Email Not Working On Iphone
- MSN Not Working 2021
- Google Search Not Working
- Yahoo Email Not working Iphone
- ATT Email Not working/Stopped working
- Charter Email Not Opening
- Frontier Email Stopped working
- Simple Steps for Gmail Has Stopped Working
- Methods for Fix Roadrunner Email Not working On Outlook
Email Password Reset Solutions
- Microsoft Account Password Reset Right Methods
- Iforgot.apple.id password reset Tips
- Reset SBCGlobal Password
- Bellsouth Password Reset
- Recover ATT Email Password
- How do I recover my Google account Help
- myaccount.google.com change password
- Frontier Email Password Reset Steps
- Charter Email Password Reset Methods
Email Sending Error