If you have an iPhone then you might know how important the password of your Apple ID is. In case you forget Apple ID password you won’t be able to access the data stored in your iCloud. Plus, you will not be able to download any of the applications from the apple store. Unfortunately, the issue of forgetting the apple ID password is reported quite frequently by iPhone, iPad, and Mac user. But, the good thing is that Apple has made the iforgot.apple.id password reset available. This page allows users to recover Apple ID password with ease. In this post, we will show you how you can reset your Apple ID password in the most convenient manner.
What are the steps to recover Apple ID password using two-factor authentication?
Please note that two-factor authentication makes it very easy for the user to retrieve his/her lost Apple ID password. Given below are the steps that a user needs to follow on iPhone/ iPad and Mac devices.
On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- First of all, go to “Settings” in your device.
- Then, tap your name followed by “Password & security option”
- Next, you need to select the “Change password” option.
- After that, in case you are already signed into iCloud and have already enabled passcode then you will be asked to provide the same.
- After entering the passcode for your device, you just have to follow the on-screen prompt that will appear on your screen.
On Mac Devices
For macOS Catalina:
- Choose the Apple menu and select “System preferences”.
- Then, click “Apple ID” and choose “Password & Security”.
- In case you are asked to provide your Apple ID password, you should click on the “Forgot Apple ID or password” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you are not asked to provide your Apple ID password then you must click on the “Change password” button. Before you reset the password, you will be asked to provide the password you used to unlock your macOS Catalina device.
For macOS Mojave, High Sierra, or Sierra
- First, you need to click “Apple Menu” and then “System preferences”.
- Click iCloud and select Account details.
- Then, if you are asked to enter your Apple ID password then you must click on the “Forgot Apple ID or password” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In case you are not asked to enter your Apple ID password then you need to click “Security”.
- After “Security”, you must choose the “Reset password” or “Change password” option.
- Before you can reset your Apple ID password you have to enter the password you used to unlock your Mac device.
How to reset Apple ID password on your iPhone/ iPad using security questions or email address?
It is strongly recommended to enable two-factor authentication enabled in your account. However, in case you don’t have the two-step verification enabled in your account then you need to use your security question or email address to reset Apple ID Password. Here are the steps that you should follow.
- First of all, you must visit the recovery page i.e. iforgot.apple id password (iforgot.apple.com) from any of the compatible browsers.
- Enter your complete Apple ID email address
- Click on the “Continue” button once you are done with entering the Apple ID email address.
- Then, choose the “I need to reset my password” option and click on the “Continue” button again.
- After that, you have to select the method of Apple ID password recovery i.e. “Get an email” or “Answer the security questions”.
- Click on the “Continue” and then “Done” button.
- Now, the next step depends upon whether you have to select the “Get an email” option or “Answer the security questions”.
- In case you select the option to receive an email then you need to click on the link available send through email.
- If you have selected the option to answer the security question then first you have to your date of birth. After verifying your birthday, you need to answer the two security questions.
- As soon as you click on the “Reset password” link through email or answer the security question correctly, an option to create a new Apple ID password will appear on your screen.
- Next, enter a new and strong password for your Apple ID. Confirm the new password after entering it for one more time.
- Finally, click on the “Reset password” link once you are done with confirming the password.