Having Gmail like web mail service is just like a boon for us in this technology world. Today everyone is aware of this fantastic mailing platform. We can’t deny what kind of features Gmail has keep in it. Well through this we can easily maintain our daily task in a convenient way. If you have to communicate with others then simply access the Gmail in your system and start exploring its advantageous features.
If I say can you send any type of file in Gmail is it possible? Hopefully your answer is no because you know that if you attach file with .exe, .zip, .tar etc extensions then it shows some errors like this, “Gmail doesn’t not allows you to send this type of file”.
How you can send any type of file in Gmail
Make sure sending file or attachment in Gmail is not a big task but if you don’t know how to send the file attachment in Gmail then quickly looks below and after that I will tell you how you can send any type of file in Gmail.
- First click on attach file which you want to send while composing a message in Gmail.
- Then you will see file selection dialog box pop ups. After that choose the file which you want to send
- And finally click select button.
By doing this method you are capable to send file attachment in Gmail. But here our main motive in to send any type of file in Gmail so how is this possible? But here you have to know why some file types are blocked?
- If you trying to send any kind of document which is too large then obviously Gmail doesn’t allow you to send this.
- If your file contains .zip, .tgz etc then surely you are not able to send the attachment.
And in this case that attachment bounced back to sender automatically. But here I share tricks through which you are capable to send the file.
- Just open you’re my computer or explorer window. After that on below the address bar you find the option of organize just click on it, and choose folder and search option
- After doing this click on view tab and look for Hide extensions for known file types, and uncheck it & click ok.
- Here you have to choose the file which you want to send & easily change its extensions
- Then send it that attachment or file and intimate the user to get it renamed it again to the original file extension.