People using Gmail for various reasons, some of them using for mailing activity, other using for chatting and video conferencing and so on. But while we access the Gmail we have to be very careful in terms of its security. We can’t deny those spammers or hackers who can easily hack our Gmail account and perform some suspicious activities through our Gmail. If is it so, then may be our Gmail account will permanently blocked or suspend.
How you manage your Gmail account Security?
Today Internet offers too many features and opportunities to explore, create and collaborate. So it is important to keep yourself safe and secure. Whenever we are using our Gmail account we take the account activity very seriously. Here I recommend some of the simple steps so that you come to know how you manage your Gmail account security.
- First kindly check which other devices access to your account.
- Through your phone browser visit to myaccount.google.com
- Then go to Sign in security option, and go to Recently used device then click Review device.
Here you are able to know the list of devices which is access to your account in last 28 days.
- Another option is, you can remove device from your account. If you find a device which is no longer use, remove it immediately. For this:
- Visit to myaccount.google.com
- After doing this, go to Sign in security option and click Device activity & notification.
- Now in Recently used devices section click to Review devices.
- Here you can select those device which you want o remove, and click to remove.
- Sometime if you notice there is some suspicious activity is going on in your Gmail account, so it’s required to manage your security alerts.
- Same, through your phone browser’s visit to myaccount.google.com
- After that go to Sign in security option. Here you have to click Device activity and notification.
- Now you are in security alert setting section, here you have to click manage settings.
- Here as per your convenience you can choose how you will get security alert by Email or through Text message.
- Once you selected then click Done.
This is enough to manage your Gmail account security. But again if you have any kind of technical issue, feel free to contact technical expert.