t is true that all services of SBCGlobal are now merged with AT&T. However, there are still a lot of users who are using SBCGlobal.net email accounts. To check your SBCGlobal emails, you will have to visit the AT&T website. Performance-wise, SBCGlobal email is top-notch with some inevitable issues here and there. One of these issues is not being able to send or receive SBCGlobal emails. This post is just for you if you are also facing problems due to SBCGlobal email sending and receiving errors. Here, we will let you know the reasons behind these problems and solutions to fix them with ease.
Common Errors and Issues with Can’t Send and Receive SBCGlobal Emails
There are various errors and issues often reported by SBCGlobal email users every now and then. We have compiled a list of a few of these errors as given below.
- Unable to send SBCGlobal email on windows
- Not able to send SBCGlobal email on an iPhone
- Can’t send SBCGlobal email on with attachment
- SBCGlobal email not attaching files
- Can’t send or receive SBCGlobal email
- Unable to receive SBCGlobal email
- SBCGlobal not receiving emails on Outlook
- Received email not opening on SBCGlobal
Why you can’t send or receive SBCGlobal emails?
There are various factors that can stop you from sending or receiving SBCGlobal emails. We have listed some of the most common ones as given below.
- Internet Connectivity Issues – It is necessary for you to have a stable internet connection to send or receive SBCGlobal emails. In case of an interrupted internet connection, you might have to deal with issues while sending or receiving SBCGlobal emails.
- Browser Compatibility – Those who are using SBCGlobal on an incompatible can find it difficult to send or receive an SBCGlobal email.
- Size of the file you are sending – Remember, you can’t send a file larger than 25 MB on SBCGlobal. It is possible that the file you are attaching is big that’s why you are facing errors.
- Format of the file you are trying to send – Apart from the size, the format of the file you are sending is equally important. You can’t send unsupported file formats through the SBCGlobal email.
- Space available in your account – To store emails you should have enough storage space available in your email account. If your account is running out of available storage space then you might not be able to receive new emails.
- Filter in your SBCGlobal email account – We make filters to keep our email account clean. However, it is possible that your filters might be filtering out some important emails.
- Account blocked due to sending a large number of spams – If you can’t send emails then it is possible that your account might be blocked due to excessive spamming. Such blocks occur when your account is mass reported for spamming.
How to fix Can’t Send and Receive SBCGlobal Emails?
The solution to fix SBCGlobal email sending and receiving problems are as follows.
Unable to receive SBCGlobal email problems
You may follow the steps listed below in case you aren’t able to receive SBCGlobal emails.
- First of all, you need to make sure that you are connected to the Internet. To check the internet, you may open any random website on your computer. Those who are having issues with the internet connectivity need to contact their ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- Make sure there is enough storage space available in your account for new emails.
- Check your filter settings and confirm that new emails in your SBCGlobal email account are not getting filtered out.
- Make sure you haven’t blocked the sender by mistake.
- If you are using SBCGlobal on a 3rd party email client then make sure you are using the correct IMAP/ POP settings.
- In case the problem continues then you should contact the sender and make sure there is no problem at their end.
- You should ask the sender to make sure that he/ she is sending the email to the correct email address.
Not able to send SBCGlobal email issues
Those who are not able to send SBCGlobal emails should follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
- First and foremost, you need to make sure that you are connected to the internet. Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) in case of an issue with your internet connectivity.
- Check the size of the file you are trying to send through the SBCGlobal email. Please note that you can’t send a file larger than 25 MB in size.
- You should also make sure that the file you are trying to send through the SBCGlobal email is in the supported format. Please note that it is not possible to send or receive some file formats through SBCGlobal such as .apk, .exe, etc.
- Make sure you are not making any typing mistakes while entering the email address of your recipient.
- In case you are trying to send an SBCGlobal email through a 3rd part email client then make sure that you are using the correct IMAP/ POP settings. The correct IMAP settings to use SBCGlobal are as follows.
- Incoming server: imap.mail.att.net (IMAP) or inbound.att.net (POP3)
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.att.net (IMAP) or outbound.att.net (POP3)
- Username – Your full email address
- Password – Your SBCGlobal email address
- IMAP port – 993
- SMTP port – 465
- IMAP/ SMTP Security – SSL/ TLS
- It is also possible that your account might be blocked from sending new emails because due to sending a large number of spam emails. Such bans are generally temporary. You should be able to send the emails once again after a few days.
- Check and confirm that you are trying to send the email using an updated version of a compatible web browser. Thankfully, SBCGlobal works well with most web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.