AT&T is an extremely famous and reputed Internet Service Provider. In addition to the internet, it also provides a pretty decent email service as well. The feature and function-wise, AT&T email service can compete with industry giants like Gmail, Yahoo mail, etc. But, it is also true that this email service is prone to some inevitable errors and issues as well. More often than not we can see users facing AT&T email sending and receiving errors.
If you are also finding it difficult to send or receive an AT&T email then this post is for you. Here, we will let you know why you have to deal with such a problem and how you can get rid of them with ease.
AT&T Email Errors and Issue while Sending and Receiving Emails
Here are some of the most common issues often reported by users whenever they try to send or receive email through AT&T.
- Unable to send AT&T email
- Can’t attach a file to my AT&T email
- Not able to send AT&T email with an attachment
- AT&T email not sending pictures 2021
- AT&T email not sending texts
- Unable to receive AT&T emails
- AT&T email not receiving text messages
- Not able to send AT&T email photos from iPhone
- Can’t send or receive email on AT&T
- AT&T Email is not supporting the file I am trying to send
- Unable to receive AT&T emails on iPhone
- AT&T not receiving emails on Android
- Not able to send/ receive AT&T emails on Outlook
These are just a few examples. There are many more issues that you can face while sending or receiving AT&T emails.
Common Reasons behind AT&T email sending and receiving problems
There are many common factors that can cause problems while sending or receiving AT&T emails.
- Message Size Limit – In case the size of the file you are trying to send is too big then you will face an error message. The maximum size of the email that you can send through AT&T is 25 MB.
- Format of the email – It is also possible that the format of the email you might be trying to send is not supported. Generally, executable files like .exe, .apk, etc. are not supported by email services.
- IMAP/ POP settings – Many of us like to use our email accounts through various email clients. To do the same, you will have to provide the correct IMAP/ POP settings. Those who are entering the correct IMAP/ POP settings might have to deal with problems.
- Connectivity Issues – Those who are unable to connect to the internet can deal with various kinds of errors at the time of sending or receiving.
- Browser Compatibility – AT&T email works best with the latest version of a compatible browser. You can expect various errors or issues while using AT&T on an incompatible browser.
- Filter Settings – In case you have created filters on your account to block spam then it is possible that such filter might be blocking some important emails as well.
- Storage Space in the account – If you are using this email account for a long time then it is possible that it might be running out of storage space.
How to fix unable to send AT&T email problems?
Given below are the steps that you need to follow in case you are not able to send AT&T emails.
- First and foremost, you need to make sure that you are connected to the Internet.
- Ensure that the browser you are using to send AT&T emails is compatible and updated. Those who are still using an obsolete browser should update the same immediately.
- Check and confirm that the size of the file you are trying to send is within the permissible limit i.e. 25 MB.
- Try to send the email again after disabling the add-ons and plugins installed on your browser.
- Check the format of the file you are trying to send through the AT&T email. Make sure you are not trying to send an unsupported file.
- If the name of the attached file has any of the following characters #, $, /, or @ then you should remove them. It is so because such characters can cause problems.
- In case your account is mass reported for spamming then your account can get blocked from sending emails. Such blocks are generally temporary and you will be able to send emails once again after a few days.
- If the problem continues for a longer period of time then you should contact AT&T customer service for further assistance.
What are the steps to fix AT&T email not receiving issues?
Given below are the steps that you may follow in case you are not able to receive AT&T emails.
- In such a situation, you need to make sure that your device is connected to the internet so that it can fetch emails from the web.
- Check and confirm that there is enough storage space on your device to store new emails.
- Make sure there is no filter in your account that is blocking new emails from reaching your inbox.
- Those who are using third-party email clients must confirm that they are using the correct IMAP/ POP settings.
- Finally, if the problem continues then you should contact the sender and ask them to check for the problem at their end.